Shaping young lives begins with our volunteers
Our Teacher Everywhere™ programme trains passionate volunteers into teachers who inspire a love for learning in less-fortunate children.
Our programme partners
WHY TEACHER EVERYWHERE™?
Teach a love for learning
Not every child has access to basic learning opportunities. Many of them from underprivileged backgrounds do not get to experience the joys of reading and learning.
To change that, our Teacher Everywhere™ programme equips volunteers with the right skills to inspire these children to embrace reading through storytelling.
WHO WE IMPACT
A chance for personal development
Teacher Everywhere™ gives volunteers opportunities to gain lifelong skills, interact with children, and make a difference in young lives.
If you’re looking to join us as a volunteer teacher, contact us here.
Imparting skills to our teacher volunteers
In collaboration with EtonHouse curriculum specialists, the programme arms our volunteers with the right skills to deliver Joyful Learning lessons.
4 training sessions, 2 practicums
Training volunteers to teach and support disadvantaged children at EtonHouse.
Each session will cover:
- Classroom StrategiesWe will equip our volunteers with strategies on managing challenging behaviour and encouraging positive behaviour.
- Reading ProgrammeAside from getting and sustaining attention, volunteers will be taught how to read aloud to a group of children and how to engage them through conversation and interaction.
- Circle TimeVolunteers will be trained to conduct effective circle time.
Practicums will cover:
- Classroom ManagementVolunteers will get hands-on experience on managing children and transitioning from one activity to another.
- ObservationAs our teachers conduct circle time and storytelling, our volunteers will shadow and observe how it is carried out.
More about the programme
OUR FUTURE PLANS
Growing our community of teacher volunteers
We’re continuously working towards building a stronger team of volunteer teachers and mentors, all trained and supported by experienced EtonHouse educators.
What you can do
Volunteer with us
Join us as a teacher volunteer to receive training from experts and experience teaching children. We are also looking for trained teachers to join us as mentors.
Make a donation
Support the joyful learning of a child. A donation of S$20 would help us gift a book and learning kit to a child.